The contest is now closed.
To see the winning design, please visit here.
Launchpad Logo Community Design Contest
Help Design the New Launchpad Logo!
Announcing the Launchpad Logo Community Design Contest.
- What: Design a new logo for Launchpad
- When: Now through 31 March 2008
Prize: Winner will receive an Ubuntu Messenger Bag
- Logo must include SVG source and look good when scaled to any size. Some sample sizes that we use today are:
- A small image of exactly 14x14 pixels and at most 5kb in size. (icon)
- An image of exactly 64x64 pixels no bigger than 50kb in size. (logo/hackergotchi)
- A large image of exactly 192x192 pixels be no bigger than 100kb in size. (mugshot)
One winner will be selected by majority vote of the Launchpad Developers.
- Canonical employees and vendors are not eligible to participate.
Submitted images become property of Canonical Ltd. The logo(s) we use will be attributed to the author(s) at https://help.launchpad.net/Legal.
Submissions should be filed here along with the Launchpad id of the author.
- Authors can submit unlimited designs for consideration grouped under their name.
- Do I have to keep the rocket?
- Transparent or solid background?
- Where can I see all three current logos displayed?
- Do I have to give you my real contact information?
- Launchpad Account: Yes so we can contact you
- Address: Only if you win so we can post your prize to you
Please send all inquires to Joey Stanford (email@example.com). You may want to subscribe to this page to be notified of any changes such as additional FAQ entries.