Staging — Launchpad's sandbox
If you want to try Launchpad out, you can use the staging environment (at https://staging.launchpad.net/) to experiment with real data and functionality, but without affecting the day-to-day work of other Launchpad users.
However, there are a few things to note about staging:
Every 7 days, staging's database is replaced with a fresh snapshot of Launchpad's production database: you will lose anything you do on staging. The update is scheduled to happen on Saturdays. Update logs
Staging runs the latest bleeding edge code from the Launchpad developers — if things go wrong, please let us know.
- You can't create a new account on staging — instead, create one in Launchpad's production environment and then wait up to 24 hours for your account to be available on staging.
- Timing interactions with SSO environment syncing and Launchpad environment syncing may mean you need the help of a Launchpad administrator to manually link up your account the first time
- Staging does not send email.
- You can upload translations and templates but not export them — uploaded translations/templates will disappear after 24 hours.
- To push code branches to staging you need use bzr push lp://staging/~your-id/branch-name.
If you don't need particularly up-to-date data, then there is also the qastaging environment.