Session transcript from 13 September 2007
We held the first PPA and Ubuntu Packaging 101 at 15.00 UTC on Thursday 13th September 2007. Don't worry if you missed, we'll have more in the future and you can read the transcript of Thursday's session.
Topics covered were:
- Basics of Ubuntu packaging
- Basics of PPA features
- Understanding the ogre model
Please subscribe to this page to receive an email whenever we update it. That way, you'll find out as a soon as we announce the next PPA and Ubuntu Packaging 101 session.
The session will be a mix of tutorial and a Q&A session.
Request a topic
Is there something about Ubuntu packaging and PPA you want to understand better? Add your topic here and we'll do our best to cover it in the session. Follow the format show below.
From previous sessions
We may cover these again but please see the the 13th September transcript to check if your question has been answered.
- PPA version consistency - how to build consistent version between PPA and Ubuntu (cprov)
PPA build timeline - what happens once I upload? (LaserJock)
- Looking at a Rejected email
- Where to find the build status
- What do I do if I've made a mistake?
Getting more help (LaserJock)
- Packing for less common architectures (khermans / Kristian Erik Hermansen)
- Anything that needs to be considered for amd64/sparc/ppc ?
- Add your topic here (your IRC nick here)