Update this page to describe the new purpose of the Launchpad Doc team.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|The Launchpad Documentation Team is a community team that helps ensure there's accurate help material about Launchpad, including:||The [[https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-doc|Launchpad Documentation Team]] is used to grant edit access to the [[https://help.launchpad.net|help wiki]] and the [[https://dev.launchpad.net/|dev wiki]]. Please [[https://edge.launchpad.net/~launchpad-doc/+join|join the team]] if you would like to edit wiki pages.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
| * the Launchpad user guide and help wiki
* Launchpad user interface text
* the [[https://launchpad.net/+tour|Launchpad tour]].
You can help by:
* filing bugs about Launchpad help materials: useful if there's a mistake you don't have access to fix or you feel there's a page or section missing from the help wiki
* correcting obvious mistakes: you can fix typos etc on most help wiki pages
* creating draft pages: if you want to suggest major changes or the content for brand new pages, create a draft on the help wiki - e.g. ```DocTeam/Draft```
= Joining the team =
If you want to use the Launchpad documentation mailing list and also register your interest in helping to shape the future of Launchpad's help materials, [[https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-doc|join the team]] in Launchpad.
= What we're working on =
You can see what help materials the Launchpad team and the community Launchpad documentation team are working on by viewing milestones associated with the [[https://launchpad.net/launchpad-documentation|Launchpad Documentation project]].
= Our materials =
* [[DocTeam/UserGuide|What we're planning for the Launchpad user guide]]
* the [[DocTeam/StyleGuide|Launchpad Help style guide]] and [[DocTeam/StyleGuide/UserGuideTemplate|user guide template]]
If you haven't already, you should sign up for the [[http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users|launchpad-users]] mailing list.
= Who to speak to =
If you've got any questions, ping ```mrevell``` in ```#launchpad``` or mail email@example.com
|'''NOTE:''' The team formerly had a much broader mandate to improve Launchpad's help material. However, we now share that mandate across the entire Launchpad community, so discussions about documentation should take place on the [[https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-dev|Launchpad Dev]] mailing list or in the [[irc://irc.freenode.net/#launchpad-dev|#launchpad-dev IRC channel]].|
NOTE: The team formerly had a much broader mandate to improve Launchpad's help material. However, we now share that mandate across the entire Launchpad community, so discussions about documentation should take place on the Launchpad Dev mailing list or in the #launchpad-dev IRC channel.